Major in ICT
Why start an ICT Major?
Like the Information Technology (IT) program, FSU’s Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) program opens the door to a rewarding profession that emphasizes using information technology and leadership to help people, organizations, and communities become more connected and successful.
Requirements for a Major in ICT
The major in ICT program is a forty-two (42) semester hour program. Students must complete courses in the following focus areas:
- Program Introduction (9 credit hours)
- Technology, Techniques and Research (9 credit hours)
- Organizational Communication and Culture (9 credit hours)
- Writing, Presentation, and Promotion (9 credit hours)
- Capstone in IT Project Management (3 credit hours)
Students must also take a minimum of three (3) semester hours of electives. Students may focus their electives in the areas of:
- Web Development
- Electronic Media Production
- Communication & the Internet
- Desktop Multimedia
- Website Development and Administration
- Internship/DIS/Special Topics
Additional Requirements for a Major
- MAC 1140 Pre-Calculus Algebra
- PHI 2630 Ethical Issues and Life Choices
- STA 2023 or STA 2122 Statistics
- PSY 2012 General Psychology
- ECO 2013 Macroeconomics
- CGS 2835 Interdisciplinary Web Development or COP 2258 Problem Solving with Object-Oriented Programming
Note: all courses and prerequisites must be completed with a minimum grade of “C-”.
All students of The Florida State University must fulfill the degree requirements set forth in the “Undergraduate Degree Requirements” chapter of the General Bulletin. Specific courses and descriptions are listed in the University Bulletin. Please contact the CCI Advising Center for more information.
CCI Advising Center
Address: 4115 University Center, Bldg. C
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2651
Phone: (850) 644-7278